LLNCS out of date

I was trying to compile a package using scribble-llncs (using Racket 8.10) and it failed to download llncs.cls 2.20. Happily, I could Google my way to downloading llncs.cls 2.23, put it where expected and everything still worked. But how do I even identify where the code is so I can fix it, or whom to complain to and how to contact them? In general, maybe having a more stable repository of ancillary files than springer's ftp service would be good, too. Have you guys heard about git?

1 Like

As noted in the docs, llncs.cls is a bit of a special case — Racket can't distribute that file for legal reasons. The auto-download was provided as the most convenient legal alternative.

I would open an issue on the racket/scribble repo.

The code in question was last updated 5 years ago.

At this point it might make the most sense to just scrap the auto-download and error with a message pointing people to Springer’s website.

1 Like

Feel free to submit a PR. If you know a more stable place to download the file, you can give us the link too.

1 Like

Thanks a whole lot for the help!
I opened an issue: scribble/llncs fails to download llncs.cls · Issue #383 · racket/scribble · GitHub