Make-least-squares-point-smoother from simple-polynomial/fit does not work

I try to use polynomial smoothing of data Simple Polynomials of One Variable. I use exactly the same example as in this site but for my data: (define datasp (points->spline-evaluator data)) (define datasm (points->spline-evaluator ((make-least-squares-point-smoother 7 4 0) data) . The first spline works well but second gives error: make-least-squares-point-smoother: unbound identifier in: make-least-squares-point-smoother . The data has 100 entries. I considered different values instead of 7 4 0 and have the same error. Why the example does not work?

1 Like

Can you paste an example we can try?

@JoePass

I think Deren meant to export the function make-least-squares-point-smoother from simple-polynomial/fit but forgot to do so.

Instead you can write:

(require simple-polynomial/private/poly-smooth)

Also, send Deren a bug report. His repo is here:

https://bitbucket.org/derend/simple-polynomial/src/master/simple-polynomial/private/poly-smooth.rkt

/Jens Axel

Thank you. Now it works well. Sorry, but I do not know how to make bug report in the repo. I did not make it at once.

I looked around - and I couldn't figure it out either. I have a hunch that's feature the repo owner needs to pay for.

I suggest sending him a mail instead (I'll send his mail in a private message).