Racket meet-up Saturday 7 May 18:00 UTC :racket:

@alexh I've come across your blog posts at some point and am impressed how much effort you put into those! Thank you! :heart:

I guess for me the "You may not want to" part was what made me want to revisit these articles possibly later. They felt "too concrete" for me at the time and I didn't have an intrinsic interest in most of the topics.

As I just looked through your Racket posts, I found An Overview of Common Racket Data Structures and I remember I found this one helpful. :slight_smile: As I understand better now in the context of Learning racket/scheme - how do you get to the practicing stage?, what was helpful for me wasn't only what you wrote about the data structures, but that these were the data structures and APIs I should focus on. :slight_smile:

What you wrote in this discussion thread also made me realize that different people might understand "intermediate" differently. For someone who's a long-time Racket user, some of my "intermediate" topics may belong in their "basic" category.

Personally, I am looking/wishing for more documentation in the Racket ecosystem "between" your post on datastructures and the posts on solving concrete problems (although I do understand that reading about concrete solutions to problems can inspire you in the solution for other problems). (I have ideas now what articles I'd like to see and maybe even write, but I need to think more about it.)

What I wrote above isn't a criticism of your blog posts! As I said, they're great, and personally I think you should write the posts that you like to write. :+1:

5 Likes