Can raco turn off SSL?

Trying to obtain pkg: remote-shell
for macOS.
Getting: ssl-connect: connect failed ..tls_process_server_certificate verify failed when using: raco pkg install remote-shell

Since I have yet to discover a fix for the above problem, I am wondering if it is possible for me to download the pkg to my linux box and then transfer it to the mac. Seems like this should be possible going through the Racket website's Package tab, where I can conduct a successful search for remote-shell. Clicking on the 'download' option does not initiate the download to my /Downloads directory. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure this will fix your problem, but you can disable certificate verification by setting the following environment variables to 0: PLT_PKG_SSL_NO_VERIFY and GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY.

1 Like

It would be easier to try to help with your problem and to keep track of what steps you have already tried if you could keep further follow-up posts in the Trying to install package: remote-shell-lib thread.

1 Like

Hi,
This seems to be the solution to my problem.
Thanks.

Hi JJ Simpson,
Mind if I ask where I might obtain the names of such environment variables.
They worked well for me.
Seems that one is specific to Racket: PLT_PKG_SSL_NO_VERIFY
The other is specific to git: GIT_SSL_NO_VERIFY
If you had not replied, I don't know how I could have discovered these environment variable names on my own.
Thanks.
Don Green

I actually got those from another thread here on this forum:

I had problems with valid SSL certificates on an old Mac and this bypassed the issue for me. The ideal solution is to figure out how to install valid SSL certificates for your OS/openssl.

See 7.7 Package Management Environment Variables and Git - git Documentation (aka man git, also mentioned in git help config).

1 Like