Displaying the Editor of a Snip in Another Editor Canvas

Hi, Racket Discourse.

I am busy playing around with editor-snips and I want to understand the interaction between editors, snips and displays.

The particular case I am trying to understand, is getting the editor of an editor-snip to be set as the editor for an editor-canvas when it is selected by the user. The user navigates through the snips in the pasteboard [above] with the mouse or keyboard and can then interrogate the editor-snips.

Once the user selects/enters the editor-snip, the idea is for the focus to be transferred to the area below in order to edit the text, and then when the context is exited again, the focus is transferred back to the pasteboard in which the editor-snip appears, above.

Below, I have an example of the layout I am trying to describe:

I tried simply setting the editor of the snip to be the editor of the editor-canvas, but I encounter an error stating:

send: no such method
  method name: get-prevadmin
  class name: editor-snip-editor-admin%

The corresponding code looks something like this:

(send editor-canvas-below set-editor (send selected-editor-snip get-editor))

This could be one of many things, I suppose, because much of this is new territory. I have read that instructions to and from displays and editors are delegated via admins, which I do not yet fully grok.

In particular, I think, I should be looking at what is said in the third and fourth paragraphs here, starting with:

A snip belongs to at most one editor via a single administrator. ...

Am I on the right track; or should I be delegating the editing in some other manner, by perhaps sending the invocations of the methods of the editor below to the editor of the snip above, after copying the initial content of the snip to the editor below?

P.S. I don't know if this is relevant, but the editor-snips in the pasteboard are instances of a subclass of editor-snip:decorated%, hence the little bitmaps in the top-right corners of the snips.