I think "state" of big-bang in 2htdp/universe does not work properly

I think "state" of big-bang in 2htdp/universe does not work properly.

スクリーンショット_2022-02-04_22-09-31

It seems the world struct should be widened to show its properties, or slots; however the size changer does not work at all on Linux version; therefore, we cannot know what is going on when we do debugging processes.

Thanks.

You seem to be using plain Racket as opposed to BSL, which several people recommended to you.
If you make your struct transparent, you will see the world state.

[[ I can’t quite be sure anymore but I think I disabled size-changing intentionally for this window. ]]

p.s. Following up on my own post. The status windows are resizable and, on my Mac, resizing works just fine. If you are having trouble with resizing windows, please provide OS info, DrRacket info, and steps to reproduce. Thanks.

1 Like

Forgive me for poking my nose in, but these discussions about 2htdp/universe don't seem releated to the 8.4 release; if they are not, can a mod/admin move them to a new discussion? (This can then be deleted as well.)

Thanks @benknoble ! good idea.

I should also thank @cametan for raising this issue and @EmEf for the good advice on what is needed to reproduce the issue.

This sort of thing is probably best logged as a new topic in Questions & Answers - Racket Discussions ...but as you can see it was easily fixed.

best wishes
Stephen

Wait, it was? It sounds like @cametan is observing a bug, and we're waiting for the information needed to reproduce? No?

Yes that is.correct. They identified an issue.

I can see how my wording would be confusing.

My apologies

Stephen

1 Like

@cametan

In the bottom left of DrRacket: make sure you have chosen the right language.

If you are using an #lang language such as racket or racket/base it should say "Determine language from source".

If you are using a teaching language such as BSL, ISL or ASL, then make sure to choose it the menu "Language" in the sub menu "Choose Langauge...".

Then in the lower left, you need to choose, say "Beginning Student".

In this case, you program should not have an #lang line.