Racket meet-up Sat, 5 August 2023 at 18:00 UTC :racket:

At this meet-up:

• RacketCon!!
  • Show and tell
  • News & rumours
  • AOB

This meet-up will be held at https://meet.jit.si/Racketmeet-up

Meet-up time at your location: 2023-08-05T18:00:00Z

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230805T180000&p1=tz_pt&p2=tz_mt&p3=tz_ct&p4=tz_et&p5=136&p6=204&p7=241&p8=1440

Racket meet-ups are on the first Saturday of EVERY Month at 18:00 UTC

30 minutes but can overrun (it usually lasts ~1hr)

EVERYONE WELCOME :grin:

Stephen :beetle:

Racket Discourse Racket Discord

2 Likes

If you are pondering whether to attend this one, you may find interesting a planned show-and-tell of my latest work: Qi+call/cc=BASIC

Yes, that is an oversimplification, but it nicely sums up what you are going to see :wink:

Although it is a proof-of-concept at the moment, it contains ideas from Karel[1], supports multiple (many) agents interacting in a shared world, unifies network and local interactivity and allows for easy extension with new commands that encodes both the semantics and cost (time slices at the moment) of each command defined.

[1] Karel (programming language) - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Sounds exciting! I won't make it :frowning: any chance of notes, links, or a recording afterwards?

Sure, either we'll manage to record the live demo with commentary and discussion, or I'll just write a summary with code and video attached. I hope some experienced Jitsi'er (@spdegabrielle ?) will help me :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve not done it before! It will be a “learning experience” in more ways than one.

S.

PS seriously if anyone has any advice, please tell me

I can’t come tonight I have a family event.

Please record the presentation if you can.

Stephen :beetle:

I am running a bit late, but hopefully no more than 5-10 minutes.

D.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for showing up. The code for my Actor Basic implementation can be found here:

As discussed, this is a work-in-progress and creating a new mini-language was more of an accident than intention. The best (and only) example usage is in:

Special thanks to @countvajhula for joining this meetup and discussing flow-oriented DSLs with me. I promise that for the next Qi meetup I will not confuse Saturday with Friday :wink:

3 Likes