Racket version 8.8 is now available from https://download.racket-lang.org/
As of this release:
- The dependent contract form,
->i, supports a #:param element that specifies dependencies for parameter values that are set during the dynamic extent of the function call. (See: 8.2 Function Contracts)
copy-filelibrary function supports permission-management arguments. (See: 15.2 Filesystem)
- Pressing <SHIFT>-return in DrRacket's interactions window makes it easier to edit and enter expressions without sending them to be evaluated.
- The numeric comparison operators (
>=, etc.) require at least two arguments in the "How To Design Programs" teaching languages.
- Redex has improved typesetting when customized renders are used in certain multi-line situations.
- We have fixed many bugs, and written lots of documentation. https://docs.racket-lang.org/
The following people contributed to this release:
Alex Knauth, Alexander Shopov, Andreas Schwab, Ben Greenman, Bert De Ketelaere, Bob Burger, Bogdan Popa, Cameron Moy, Chung-chieh Shan, D. Ben Knoble, Dan Anderson, David Van Horn, Geoffrey Knauth, Gustavo Massaccesi, Jamie Taylor, Jason Hemann, Jens Axel Søgaard, Jesse Alama, jestarray, Johann Rudloff, Johannes Maier, John Clements, Jon Zeppieri, Lazerbeak12345, Lîm Tsú-thuàn, Matthew Flatt, Matthias Felleisen, Mike Sperber, Niklas Larsson, Noah Ma, Pavel Panchekha, Philip McGrath, Philippe Meunier, R. Kent Dybvig, reflektoin, Robby Findler, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt, Shu-Hung You, Sorawee Porncharoenwase, and Stephen De Gabrielle
Official installers for Racket on many platforms are available from https://download.racket-lang.org/.
If you are new to Racket try our Getting started guide.
Questions and feedback about the release are welcome on Discourse.