Typed racket production quality?

Hello. Since I am new to Racket (coming from Pascal->asm->C->python->Scala) - is Typed Racket "production" quality? In other words, types etc. are part of Scala, enforced properly etc. Can I count on typed racket having the equivalent "quality"? Thanks!

Hi @maketo . I am not an expert on Typed Racket, but I am currently working on using it extensively across my Racket codebase.

In what concerns your question, it really depends on what your expectations are. The whole of Racket base has typed interfaces, and several major libraries like Math Library and Plot: Graph Plotting are Typed Racket libraries, and even rely on types for some optimizations as far as I know.

On the other hand, there are quite many rather idiomatic Racket code fragments which require additional effort to get to work with Typed Racket, and some widely used Racket features (e.g. generics) are unsupported.

The good news (for me, at least) about Typed Racket is that it cooperates rather fluidly with untyped code, in the sense that using typed code from untyped code requires no additional effort.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: - that will do just fine for me!