Call for participation: Racketfest 2023

The Racketfest 2023 program is all set! Nine speakers will be joining us to share all sorts of Racket wisdom, coming from all corners of the Racket ecosystem: academia and industry, hobbyist and professional; applications in or around Racket, implementation issues, community building...it's all there! Take a look at the program.

Come join us Saturday, March 18, 2023 in Berlin.

If you're coming to Racketfest, why not come one day earlier and visit BOB? BOB is a Racket-friendly conference held in Berlin the day before Racketfest. Take a look at BOB's program and feel the synergy. Register for both, get a discount (at both)!

See you in Berlin,

Jesse

2 Likes

FYI Racketfest 2023 will be an in-person event only. Talks won't be recorded nor live-streamed. Sorry about that. I expect that there will be some spillover chats on the Racket Discord, but there's no official commitment to makign sure Discord is in sync with the main event. It's too expensive to do a proper audio/visual set up; I got a quote from the venue for it, and it's just too much. I've tried to do record the talks myself in the past, poor-man style with my smartphone, but it has never really worked out well.

1 Like

What is the audio setup at the venue? Do you have a connection schema from them?

I am always traveling with my two-track mobile recording studio and as I am going by car, I can bring a 12-track (4 microphone inputs) mix with multi-track recording as well (and some other audio equipment too). If I can get all the lines from the live event in there, we can record the audio part easily and I have no problem preparing the setup before the event starts. If anyone brings at least a decent camera with tripod to do the video recording, it will be just a matter of post-processing work to get some decent results.

If anyone with a decent camera setup can jump in, we can make this work.

@jesse please consider joining us tonight at the meetup so that we can discuss our options.