How to turn off highlighting in DrRacket

I've just started using DrRacket. When I type a closing parenthesis, the opening one is highlighted in blue for maybe a second or half a second. When my cursor is at the end of a parenthesis, there is a grey background for everything inside the parenthesis my cursor is at the end of.

Is there a way to completely turn off all highlighting? I have changed the default grey background to be white, so I don't see it. But I'm not sure how to prevent my cursor from disappearing when I type a closing paren to highlight the opening paren.

I found text mode, which works for everything I've mentioned, but then I lose having different colors for text, numbers, operands, etc.

Thank you :slight_smile: I really want to remove all background highlighting, as I find it distracting and not helpful.

In the menu: Edit > Preferences... > Editing > Racket and you will get 4 options to tweak.

(You should probably disable the first and the last one, the second one looks too useful to be disabled.)

Are you sure? I couldn’t live without it.
I set the highlighting to a vey light grey, so it’s more comfortable.

2 Likes

Highlighting is the only thing I've found that makes parenthesis matching tolerable despite the Lots pf Irritating single Parentheses syndrome.

-- hendrik