I recently tried to work out where racket users communicate online.
I thought it was interesting so I’m sharing here.
Places we find racket users.
- r/Racket has over 6904 subscribers
- https://twitter.com/racketlang has 6869 followers
- Racket Discord has 1239 members but is quite active.
- Racket Slack - mostly professional devs
- #racket IRC
- Discourse replaces the google groups mailing list that was being overrun with spam. OSS/free hosting/no google/has a spam filter.
- there is also presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, telegram
- there has also been experiments with GitHub discussions
- 3.7k subscribers on YouTube
- some racket content is posted on mastodon
If racket has a presence on a particular platform it is because racket users post there. There is no planned communication strategy. Discourse was the only deliberate choice because of the spam.