Racket meet-up Saturday 1 April 2023 at 18:00 UTC :racket:

Firstly: my apologies - I set the wrong time on the discord event.

We effectively had two meet-ups;

The first included Sage @slg giving a demo about his work innovating in software distribution & package management space.

As I got the time wrong I’d appreciate it if the attendees could reply with a short summary of the first half of the meet-up for the record I’d really appreciate it.

(I missed most of the demo and don’t know what else was discussed)

@slg mentioned that he would be setting up a site https://typeand.click/ but in the meantime was happy to be contacted.

Also discussed was the influential poet Owen Barfield and The Muse in the Machine by David Gelernter.

The second session included discussion of Racketfest; a higher number of Racketeers (in a very nice venue) enjoyed excellent presentations. Not least was Untitled Maze Game (Pacman) by Jens @soegaard. (I had a first go at making a level - it was fun and easy so have a go)

@dominik.pantucek got us very excited by sharing that there is a possibility to hold next years Racketfest in Prague

These was also discussion of text interfaces (Plan9!) with the Expeditor (Terminal Expression Editor) and Unicode Tables packages being called out as enabling building-blocks if someone wanted to build a full Text User Interface in Racket.

Finally, we have identified that Gather is now blocking more than 10 attendees to the meet-up (we have previously had many more)
…so we need to find a solution.

PS please let me know if I’ve omitted anything