RacketCon should have a live stream

I feel strongly about this.

RacketCon should have a live stream. We are a global community and participation should not be restricted by geography.

I know it’s expensive to arrange. I’m willing to put money where my mouth is to help fund it.

To that effect I’ve purchased a patron ticket via the Eventbrite registration link at RacketCon 2023 Tickets, Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 8:30 AM | Eventbrite

If it is simply not possible please allocate my ticket to someone else who otherwise could not attend.

Best regards

Stephen

3 Likes

I've been doing a weekly live stream for the past few years, so I've found a few things that work and tried a bunch of things that didn't.

A cell phone on a tripod with an internet connection running YouTube to live stream is simple and pretty much free. A video mixer to switch between the speaker and slides is a bit more complicated, but can still be done fairly inexpensively.

I'm going to be traveling during the conference, but if someone wants to take on doing a live stream, I would be happy to help work through getting it figured out and tested ahead of time.

2 Likes