Private `racket-advocacy`category (anyone can join)

Hi All,

I've created a (racket)advocacy channel on the Racket Discord for chat about letting others know about Racket.

I chose discord because it was easy - I could make it with a few clicks on my phone while on the train coming home.

While popular, discord does exclude participation by some racketeers - so I’ll make a racket-advocacy category on here with the following properties:

• private: so those who are not interested will not see messages.
  • anyone can join: so those who are able to help - even if only occasionally - can participate.

If you want to join direct message me.

Best regards
Stephen
:beetle:

PS some stuff copied from the discord

Hi All,

I've created this channel for chat about letting others know about Racket.

There are some questions:

• attracting new devs: why choose Racket?
  • onboarding new racketeers: they chose to try Racket - whats next?
  • the racket journey: from user to contributor?

The ACM social media policy has some remarkably good general guidelines:

Best Practice Guidelines

• Schedule posts when your audience is most active and likely to engage with your content, and ensure that there is a steady stream of posts from your account.
  • The text of social posts should maintain a conversational and accessible tone while conveying professionalism and a sense of authority on the topic.
  • Visually engaging content is more likely to generate higher engagement, so posts should contain a prominent photo, video or illustration whenever possible.
  • Third-party content (posts not directly related to an ACM activity, product, or service) should come from reputable and authoritative sources and be of interest to the broader computing community. Posts should also not promote commercial products or services.
  • Posts should include relevant hashtags to increase their exposure and “@mentions” to engage other users who would be interested in their content.
  • Social media content should be viewed as part of a conversation, and posts should aim to generate reactions, comments and engagement.
  • ACM social media representatives are encouraged to actively monitor comments from followers and respond in a timely and professional manner.
    ( ACM Social Media Policy )
2 Likes

Racket Advocacy Discourse category and group created!

To access the category, join the ‘advocacy’ group: https://racket.discourse.group/g
(you can leave at any time)

There is no minimum commitment so any help (or advice) you can offer is appreciated.

:beetle: